ARE YOU FINDING YOURSELF UNINSPIRED THIS YEAR WHEN YOU’RE PONDERING WHAT RESOLUTIONS TO MAKE? HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS THAT WILL SHAKE UP 2015.
We’ve all made the resolution to quit smoking, lose weight and join a gym, slow down on drinking and partying, make an effort to work harder and get promoted at work, and other similar things. But I’ve got some ideas that will get you to step outside of your normal boundaries and ensure that 2015 is one of the best years ever!
1. Switch sexual roles! I know, some of us identify as either total top or bottom, but the truth is, experiencing how the other half lives, at least once, can be a rewarding experience. It can open your eyes, broaden your perspective, and enable you to feel what your partner feels. And who knows? You may actually enjoy becoming more versatile! (Check out: aethelreadtheunread.wordpress.com).
2. Go skydiving! This one’s sure to get your adrenaline pumping. It can also serve as a portal to open-mindedness and new adventures. Start with a tandem jump alone, with friends, or with your man. Strapped to an expert jumper from 14,000 feet above earth, you will freefall for 60 breathtaking seconds before the chute opens and gliding safely back to the landing zone. Tandem jumps start as low as $169.00! Check out Skydive the Farm @ www.skydivethefarm.com which is rated by dropzone.com as one of the best skydiving facilities in the country!
3. Try some BDSM. Sound a little crazy? Well, according to research published by The Huffington Post, people who are into kinky sex may be psychologically healthier than those who are not. Start off simply with some furry handcuffs and a blindfold, gently working your way up to nipple clamps, ball gags, and maybe cat-o-nine tails! Who knows where these adventures may lead you! (Check out www.huffingtonpost.com/ better-bdsm-mental-health-study).
4. Become a volunteer for LGBT causes! This can lead to strengthened bonds in the community, empowerment, and lifelong friends and benefits. Not only will this help you make someone else’s life a little better, it will have lasting pay-offs in yours as well. For instance, there’s YouthPride. There are plenty of LGBT youth in Georgia who are struggling and need the support of a positive LGBT role model (www.youthpride. org). Musically inclined and like to sing? Check out the Atlanta Gay Men’s Chorus (www.agmchorus.com)! Perhaps you’d rather donate your time to those who are ill and need assistance with meals and rides…try contacting Aid Atlanta (www. aidatlanta.org) to see how you can help. Or maybe you’re an activist and want to further our cause for equal rights. Then volunteering for Lambda Legal (www.lambdalegal.org) might be for you.
5. Go camping. NAKED! Yes, this is a sure fire way for many of us to step outside of our box and help us get comfortable in our own skin and appreciate our bodies! There’s The River’s Edge (www.camptheriversedge.com) in Dewy Rose, GA that offers tent/RV sites, cabin rentals, hot showers, pool, hot tub, game room and more. Memberships are $20.00 and passes start at $10/day and $8/night. Or you can be adventurous at Oz (www.ozcampground.com) in Unadilla, GA and hike miles of trails in your birthday suit, try out their nightclub and bar, pitch a tent, rent a luxurious cabin, or simply get some sun beside the pool/bar on all those neglected patches of flesh you’d normally keep under wraps. Memberships are $15.00 and passes start at $10/day and $7/night. Or maybe you’d like to have some fun at Roy’s Hideaway (www.royshideaway.com) in Collins, GA and check out their drag shows, leather contests, and guest DJs while camping out in the buff or relaxing by the pool. Memberships are $15.00 and passes start at $10.00. Who knows what exiting things may come of a nude weekend in the woods at a gay campground?
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to ring in the New Year that are fresh, bold, sexy and daring! 2015 is a time for NEW New Year’s resolutions! Happy exploring!